compressed paper countertop – If a full size kitchen or bathroom remodel just isn’t in your budget, you may still receive a modern, updated look on your countertops. Countertop paint is one of the newest and most cost-effective ways to quickly and radically change the look of the countertops in your kitchen or bathtub. You are able to restore and renew the look of your outdated laminate countertops, in many different shades and finishes, including granite. If you’ve always believed that a countertop remodel was out of reach, think again and try beginning your transformation this weekend.
Countertop paint can unquestionably be a do-it-yourself project. If you are not the home improvement type, locate a professional paint contractor who has worked with these types of projects previously and may show you some pictures of previous projects. If you pick a one-color application, an average sized countertop could be paused for about $70. You will find a variety of colors offered in the single color product, and the granite option comes in several colors as well including chocolate, sapphire blue, green, sand and even red granite seems. A number of patterns and color grade may be achieved with the exact same pair of countertop paint based upon your application technique.
Wondering how long this job will take? It is a whole lot easier and faster than you think to use it. Reaching a granite look will require as few as 4 hours for an average size (approximately 35 square feet) countertop. These striking countertop paints additionally seal moisture out, are reduced odor and water established. Additionally, the kits offer you just about everything you need to successfully transform your countertops including a high quality clear coating coating and related rollers, foam applicators plus a step by step instructional DVD. Normally, for most countertop paint fittings, it is suggested that you wait 3 times prior to using your freshly painted countertops. Plan so as you may not want to initiate a job in this way within a holiday time period or if high utilization of your kitchen or bath countertops are expected.
Countertop paint sets are provided by many different manufacturers. Check websites and testimonials before you buy to gauge easy of application for each kit and long-term operation. Some manufacturers offer 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantees for their products. Kits are seen in popular discount superstores as well as online. Check around to find the best deals. Some manufacturers even provide a paint by number type template to get do-it-yourselfers. Bear in mind that while you recently painted countertops may seem like granite, they continue to be laminate underneath, which means you should continue to utilize trivets or protective pads prior to putting very hot items on your countertops. But some countertop paint coating kits do provide a heat-resistant surface that’s also safe to touch base with food.
Below are some essential steps, tips and items which you may need before you get started.
- Work in a well ventilated place with temperatures of about 70 degrees or so. You may need an orbital sander or use the sand paper supplied with your kit, and use by hand, to sand down your existing countertops.
- Have plenty of clean rags on hand to wipe down your face and remove dust.
- Always use suggested content and material which comes with your kit for clean-up of software tools that are recommended.
- Blend your countertop paint base coat of paint as instructions suggest.
- Employ countertop paint base coat with squeegee or recommended applicator per your enclosed instructions.
- Employ decorative scents or other ornamental elements, and allow to dry each manufacturer’s instructions.
- After recommended drying time, you may need to sand lightly to remove any loose knots or to smooth the surface, always check specific instructions for your application type.
- Blend countertop paint top coat and employ closely and evenly with recommended applicator (rollers are usually used). Don’t over-roll or this will make air bubbles.
- Apply second layer of counter paint top coat as directed and allow to dry completely.
Whether you are just plain tired of your laminate countertops and care to modify the color of them, or are trying to hide minor cosmetic defects such as scratches on your countertops or you want to give your kitchen or bath an upgraded look without spending a fortune, countertop paint is the answer you’ve been on the lookout for. Depending upon the type and brand of kit you buy, some of these paints may take a life or 100% satisfaction warranty.
If you’ve been dreaming of new countertops for a long time however a Corian or Granite makeover just isn’t in your budget, definitely consider revamping your tired laminate or Formica countertops now for this exciting new item. Not only is it inexpensive and easy to do yourself, but the results are durable and magnificent. Colors can be mixed to suit any décor and style. Who knows? Your guests may be so impressed with you experience, that they may decide to transform their own countertops also.