granite countertops lagrange ga – If a full-blown kitchen or bathroom remodel just is not in your budget, you may still receive a modern, updated look on your countertops. Countertop paint is among the most recent and most cost-effective ways to quickly and dramatically change the look of the countertops in your kitchen or bathtub. You are able to restore and revive the look of your outdated laminate countertops, in a variety of colors and finishes, including granite. If you’ve always believed that a countertop remodel was out of reach, think again and try beginning your transformation this weekend.
Countertop paint can unquestionably be a do-it-yourself project. If you are not the home improvement type, locate a professional paint contractor who has worked with these types of projects previously and may show you some pictures of past projects. If you pick a one-color application, a typical sized countertop could be paused for approximately $70. There are an assortment of colors offered in the single colour product, and also the granite choice comes in many colors as well including chocolate, sapphire blue, green, sand as well as red granite looks. A number of patterns and colour grade may be accomplished with the same pair of countertop paint based upon your application procedure.
Wondering just how long this project will take? It’s a whole lot easier and quicker than you think to use it. Reaching a granite look will take as few as 4 hours for a normal size (roughly 35 square feet) countertop. These striking countertop paints additionally seal moisture out, are low odor and water established. In addition, the kits offer you just about everything you want to successfully transform your countertops including a high-grade clear finish coat and related rollers, foam applicators plus a step-by-step instructional DVD. On average, for most countertop paint kits, it is recommended that you wait 3 days before using your freshly painted countertops. Plan so as you may not want to start a project like this within a vacation time period or if high use of your toilet or kitchen countertops are anticipated.
Countertop paint collections are provided by many distinct manufacturers. Check reviews and websites before you buy to gauge easy of application for every kit and long-term performance. Some manufacturers offer 100% Satisfaction Guarantees for their merchandise. Kits can be seen in popular discount superstores as well as on-line. Check around to find the best prices. Bear in mind that while you recently painted countertops may seem like granite, they are still laminate beneath, which means you need to continue to utilize trivets or protective pads before placing very hot things in your countertops. But some countertop paint coating kits do provide a heat-resistant surface that is also safe to come in contact with food.
Here are some basic measures, tips and items you may need before you get started.
- Work in a well ventilated area with temperatures of approximately 70 degrees or so. You may need an orbital sander or use the sand paper provided with your kit, and use by hand, to sand down your existing countertops.
- Have loads of clean rags available to wipe down your sanded surface and remove dust.
- Always use recommended content and material which comes with your kit for cleanup of software tools that are recommended.
- Blend your countertop paint base coat of paint as directions indicate.
- Apply countertop paint base coat with squeegee or advocated applicator per your enclosed directions.
- Apply decorative scents or other decorative elements, and let to dry per manufacturer’s directions.
- After advocated drying period, you may need to sand lightly to remove any loose flakes or to smooth the surface, always check specific directions for your application type. Don’t over-roll or that will make air bubbles.
- Apply second layer of countertop paint top coat as directed and allow to dry thoroughly.
Whether you are just plain tired of your granite countertops and care to modify the colour of these, or are attempting to hide minor cosmetic defects such as scratches on your countertops or you would like to give your kitchen or bath a upgraded look without spending a fortune, countertop paint is the answer you’ve been on the lookout for. Depending upon the type and brand of apparel you purchase, some of those paints may carry a life or 100% satisfaction warranty. The clear coat finish adds a boost of glow and provides a durable protective coating to your countertops that are revived.
If you’ve been dreaming of fresh countertops for a long time but a Corian or Granite makeover just is not in your budget, definitely look at revamping your tired laminate or Formica countertops today with this exciting new product. Not only is it economical and easy to do yourself, but the results are durable and magnificent. Colors can be mixed to match any décor and style. Who knows? Your visitors may be so impressed with you expertise, that they may decide to change their own countertops too.